6 June 2012
THE CONYGAR INVESTMENT COMPANY PLC
GO AHEAD FOR HOLYHEAD WATERFRONT DEVELOPMENT
The Conygar Investment Company PLC (“Conygar”) is pleased to announce that Isle of Anglesey County Council has resolved to grant planning permission to its joint venture with Stena Line Ports Limited (“Stena Line”), Conygar Stena Line Limited, for its mixed-use marina development at Holyhead, Anglesey, Wales.
The main elements of the scheme include:
· 326 apartments and townhouses,
· a 500 berth marina;
· 50,000 square feet of marine related retail, leisure, restaurants, hotel and office space, within a flexible design and in a prime location overlooking the marina.
· Considerable provisions for various local amenities and visitor attractions with public access a key element of the project.
The new development will act as a catalyst to attract further investment into the Holyhead area whilst seeking to create a sustainable community providing benefits to both the town and
wider area. It will also create significant employment and business opportunities during both construction and operational phases and bring back into use a number of historically important buildings and structures.
The overall concept is to develop the waterfront area to expand, enhance and rejuvenate Holyhead town in a sustainable manner by:
· attracting more visitors to both Holyhead and Anglesey through enhancement of the area as a leisure and tourist destination;
· regeneration of the area through continued investment by the renovation and reuse of the listed buildings and structures along the waterfront coastline;
· improved public access, extension of the Promenade, enhanced public open space along Beach Road and the creation of a new beach east of the new breakwater and marine facility; and
· working in partnership with established local businesses and other tourist attractions such as the Breakwater Country Park to provide wider benefits.
The resolution to grant planning permission is subject to a number of relevant planning conditions and the signing of a S.106 agreement.
The Conygar Investment Company PLC
Robert Ware: 020 7258 8670
Peter Batchelor: 020 7258 8670
Oriel Securities Limited (Nominated Adviser and Broker)
Michael Shaw: 020 7710 7600
Neil Langford: 020 7710 7600
Temple Bar Advisory (Public Relations)
Alex Child-Villiers: 07795 425580